Should I check out “Attending 101” or the session on clinical problem solving? Wait, are they even at the same time? OK, great, they’re not, but I’ll just have to remember to get to both—and the session on medication reconciliation. I don’t have the presentations for them, so I’ll have to print them out beforehand for my notes and pack them.
That was life three years ago, before SHM launched its groundbreaking annual meeting mobile app. And, this month, the HM14 mobile app will pack even more power into hospitalists’ hands.
Now available at www.hm14athand.org, the HM14 At Hand mobile app is designed for all smartphones and tablets with wi-fi or wireless data access. It launches more than a month ahead of the meeting, allowing HM14 attendees to download the app at home and plan their meeting before they depart for Las Vegas—or on the plane en route.
The app includes all of the features hospitalists have come to expect, with some new surprises:
- Full program schedule, with the ability to schedule and set reminders for selected sessions;
- Options for presenters and conference-goers to provide contact information to other attendees;
- Presentation notes from speakers;
- The “Scan-to-Win” prize game, with even more locations to scan;
- Real-time program alerts for breaking news about the conference;
- Links to other resources for hospitalists;
- NEW: Integration with social media to help you connect with other conference bloggers, tweeters, and posters; and
- NEW: A section for job seekers and career networkers to connect with recruiters.
SHM has said farewell to the antiquated bulletin board that connected hospitalists and recruiters and replaced it with a mobile job board for hospitalists exploring new career opportunities at the conference. The mobile job board, available in the HM14 At Hand app, will include contact information for recruiters, so candidates and recruiters can connect virtually and then meet up in real life in a matter of minutes.
Brendon Shank is SHM’s associate vice president of communications.