The Hospitalist’s editorial advisory board is a volunteer group of SHM members who share their professional expertise and insight through the pages of the magazine and through our expanding digital offerings. Members help develop and focus content relevant to hospitalists, recommend sources for articles, and may serve as sources or authors. The editorial board meets virtually every month and in person annually at SHM Converge to discuss relevant and timely topics in hospital medicine.
The editorial board serves as a representation of the SHM membership, as such we strive for diversity in our demographics, type of institution, location, and length of career*. We look for candidates who are passionate about hospital medicine, active and engaged in SHM, and eager to share their expertise and ideas. Participation offers an unprecedented opportunity to communicate with peers and further the hospital medicine movement. Editorial board members serve a two-year term; trainee members serve a one-year term.
*This includes trainee members. Trainees with a background in adult or pediatric hospital medicine, including med-peds, are encouraged to apply.
Current editorial board members:
- Ramesh Adhikari, MD, MS, SFHM, hospitalist, Franciscan Alliance, Lafayette, Ind.
- Khaalisha Ajala, MD, FHM, assistant professor of medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
- Weijen W. Chang, MD, FAAP, SFHM, pediatric and adult hospitalist, Baystate Medical Center and Baystate Children’s Hospital, Springfield, Mass., associate professor of pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School Baystate, chief of pediatric hospital medicine and vice-chair for clinical affairs, Baystate Children’s Hospital, physician editor of The Hospitalist.
- Rob Craven, MD, FACP, CHCQM-PHYADV, SFHM, vice president of case management, physician advisor, and hospitalist at McLeod Health, Florence, S.C.
- Patrick Desamours, MSPA, PA-C, MBA, CHCQM, SFHM, director of APP operations, hospital medicine, US AcuteCare Solutions, Westminster, Md.
- Ilaria Gadalla, DMSc, PA-C, hospitalist and physician assistant department chair, South University, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Amanda Green, MD, FACP, HMDC, CPPS, FHM, chief medical officer, Paris Regional Medical Center, Paris, Texas
- Venkat P. Gundareddy, MBBS, MPH, SFHM, assistant professor and associate director division of hospital medicine at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Andrea R. Hadley, MD, FAAP, assistant professor of internal medicine and pediatrics, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and chief of pediatric hospital medicine at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital of Corewell Health in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Semie Kang, DO, MS, FHM, site director division of hospital medicine at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, assistant professor of internal medicine Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Hempstead, N.Y.
- Anika Kumar, MD, FAAP, FHM, clinical assistant professor of pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University, pediatric hospitalist, Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, pediatric editor of The Hospitalist.
- Ponon Dileep Kumar, MD, MBA, FACP, FAAPL, CPE, hospitalist, East Michigan Hospitalists, Port Huron, Mich.
- Arunab Mehta, MD, MEd, hospitalist, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati
- Nkemdilim Mgbojikwe, MD, associate chief medical officer, associate professor and hospitalist, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia
- Kunjam Modha, MD, FACP, SFHM, hospitalist, assistant professor of medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland
- Shyam Odeti, MD, MS, FAAFP, FHM, hospitalist, Ballad Health, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Aditi Puri, MD, MS, assistant professor of medicine, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Isha Puri, MD, MPH, FHM, hospitalist, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, Fort Worth, Texas
- Jennifer K. Readlynn, MD, FHM, adult hospitalist and clinician educator, University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, Rochester, N.Y.
- Christopher J. Russo, MD, FAAP, director of pediatrics, medical director for quality and innovation at WellSpan Health, York, Pa.
- Tanveer Singh, MD, MBBS, hospitalist, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland
- Lauren Spaeth, DO, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dublin, Ohio, and SHM Physicians in Training committee member
- Kate Wimberly, MD, hospitalist and assistant professor of internal medicine and pediatrics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
- Yuting Ye, MD, hospitalist, Northwell Health, Manhasset, N.Y.
- Kathryn Bakkum, MD, Fellow physician, Akron Children’s Hospital, Akron, Ohio
- Harry Cho, MD, assistant professor of medicine and director of quality, safety, and value, division of hospital medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York; senior fellow, Lown Institute, Brookline, Mass.
- James Kim, MD, assistant professor of medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, and Emory University Hospital, Atlanta
- Anna Nelson, DO, resident physician, internal medicine and pediatrics, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Ky.
- Venkataraman Palabindala, MD, MBA, FACP, SFHM, regional medical director of population health, Optum Care Network, and associate professor of medicine, Elson. S. Floyd College of Medicine, Washington State University, Spokane, Wash.
- Tiffani Panek, MA, CLHM, SFHM, hospitalist administrator, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore
- Kranthi Sitammagari, MD, hospitalist, Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, faculty, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Fayetteville, N.C.
- Amith Skandhan, MD, FHM, medical director/physician liaison, physician advisor, core faculty internal medicine residency program, internal medicine hospitalist, Southeast Alabama Medical Center, Dothan, Ala.
- Lonika Sood, MD, FACP, FHM, clinical education director for internal medicine, Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine, Washington State University, Spokane, Wash.
- Amit Vashist, MD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FAPA, FACHE, SFHM, senior vice president and chief clinical officer, Ballad Health, Tennessee/Virginia