- Chaflin DB, Trzeciak S, Likourezos A, Baumann BM, Dellinger RP. Impact of delayed transfer of critically ill patients from the ED to the ICU. Crit Care Med. 2007;35(6):1477-1483.
- Duke G, Green J, Briedis J. Survival of critically ill patients is time-critical. Crit Care Resusc. 2004;6(4):261-267.
- Scheulen JJ, Li G, Kelen GD. Impact of ambulance diversion policies in urban, suburban and rural areas of central Maryland. Acad Emerg Med. 2001;8(1):36-40.
- Sikka R, Metha S, Kaucky C, Kulstad EB. ED crowding is associated with increased time to pneumonia treatment. Am J of Emerg Med. 2010; 28(7):809-812.
- Holroyd BR, Bullard MJ, Latoszek K. Impact of a triage physician on emergency department overcrowding and throughput: a randomized trial. Acad Emerg Med. 2007;14(8)702-708.
- Han JH, Zhou C, France DJ. The effect of emergency department expansion on emergency department overcrowding. Acad Emerg Med. 2007;14(4)338-343.
- Howell E, Bessman E, Kravet S, Kolodner K, Marshall R, Wright S. Active bed management by hospitalists and emergency department throughput. Ann Intern Med. 2008;149(11):804-811.
- Briones A, Markoff B, Kathuria N. A model of a hospitalist role in the care of admitted patients in the emergency department. J Hosp Med. 2010;5(6):360-364.
- Nicholl J, West J, Goodacre S, Turner J. The relationship between distance to hospital and patient mortality in emergencies: an observational study. Emerg Med J. 2007; 24(9):665-668.