What breakout-session and pre-course topics are HM14 course director Daniel Brotman, MD, SFHM, and assistant course director Efren Manjarrez, MD, SFHM, looking forward to showcasing? Here is a sampling:
- Bleeding risks: a crucial yet misunderstood area.
- New anticoagulants: a quickly evolving area that will affect lots of hospitalists and patients.
- What keeps your CFO up at night: a financial perspective from a hospital president and hospitalist.
- Choosing Wisely: Learn how SHM turned the ABIM Foundation’s Choosing Wisely initiative into practical recommendations for hospitalists.
- Pediatric clinical conundrums.
- Updates in key specialty and content areas.
- Hospital-acquired infection control by Sanjay Saint.
- CMS’ meaningful use.