HM12 is planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Blackwell Futura Media Services (BFMS) and SHM. BFMS is accredited by ACCME to provide CME for physicians.
HM12 registration is available at www.hospitalmedicine2012.org until March 5. SHM also permits walk-up registration at the San Diego Convention Center.
BFMS designates the educational activity for SHM’s annual meeting at a maximum of 19.75 Category 1 credits toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit they actually spend in each educational activity. BFMS has designated a credit schedule for HM12’s pre-courses on April 1 as follows:
- ABIM MOC learning session, 6.5 credits;
- Advanced Interactive Critical Care, 7.75 credits;
- CMS’s Value-Based Purchasing Program, 3.75 credits;
- Medical Procedures, 7.5 credits;
- Portable Ultrasounds, 3.75 credits;
- Perioperative Medicine, 7.75 credits; and
- Practice Management, 7.5 credits.