HM12 in San Diego was the largest gathering of hospitalists in history. Approximately 2,700 hospitalists shared in the common successes and challenges facing HM and the healthcare system.
Organizers expect HM13 will have the same energy and even more opportunities for education and networking. The annual meeting returns to the nation’s capital this spring, with pre-courses beginning May 16 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Md. The three-day regular meeting begins May 17.
Registration is available at www.hospitalmedicine2013.org. The meeting website is the top source for news about program updates, educational sessions, and special promotions.
Here are five tips for planning your trip to HM13:
- Request time off early and coordinate with colleagues. Now is the time to request the time off.
- Register soon. Early registration discounts only apply for the next few months. And pre-courses often fill up quickly.
- Consider your options. Come a day early for valuable pre-courses or SHM’s “Hospitalists on the Hill” visit to Washington, D.C.
- Make a vacation of it. Take advantage of all that Washington has to offer by staying through the following weekend.
- Network ahead of time. Many hospitalists use the annual meeting for valuable career networking. Get started early by booking meetings and telling colleagues via Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn that you’re attending.