Bryn Nelson is a freelance medical journalist based in Seattle.
- Williams M, Flanders SA, Whitcomb WF. Comprehensive hospital medicine: an evidence based approach. Elsevier;2007:971-976.
- Arora V, Gangireddy S, Mehrotra A, Ginde R, Tormey M, Meltzer D. Ability of hospitalized patients to identify their in-hospital physicians. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(2):199-201.
- Singer AS, et al. Hospitalists meeting the challenge of patient satisfaction. The Phoenix Group. 2008;1-5.
- Manian FA. Whither continuity of care? N Engl J Med. 1999;340:1362-1363.
- Correspondence. Whither continuity of care? N Engl J Med. 1999;341:850-852.
- Davis KM, Koch KE, Harvey JK, et al. Effects of hospitalists on cost, outcomes, and patient satisfaction in a rural health system. Amer J Med. 2000;108(8):621-626.
- Wachter RM, Goldman L. The hospitalist movement 5 years later. JAMA. 2002;287(4):487-494.
- Coffman J, Rundall TG. The impact of hospitalists on the cost and quality of inpatient care in the United States (a research synthesis). Med Care Res Rev. 2005;62:379–406.
- Dhuper S, Choksi S. Replacing an academic internal medicine residency program with a physician assistant-hospitalist model: a comparative analysis study. Am J Med Qual. 2009;24(2):132-139.
- Roy CL, Liang CL, Lund M, et al. Implementation of a physician assistant/hospitalist service in an academic medical center: impact on efficiency and patient outcomes. J Hosp Med. 2008;3(5):361-368.
- Fulton BR, Drevs KE, Ayala LJ, Malott DL Jr. Patient satisfaction with hospitalists: facility-level analyses. Am J Med Qual. 2011;26(2):95-102.
- Ferranti DE, Makoul G, Forth VE, Rauworth J, Lee J, Williams MV. Assessing patient perceptions of hospitalist communication skills using the Communication Assessment Tool (CAT). J Hosp Med. 2010;5(9):522-527.