Bryn Nelson is a freelance medical writer based in Seattle.
- Glasheen JJ, Misky GJ, Reid MB, Harrison RA, Sharpe B, Auerbach A. Career satisfaction and burnout in academic hospital medicine. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171(8) 782-785.
- Hoff TH, Whitcomb WF, Williams K, Nelson JR, Cheesman RA. Characteristics and work experiences of hospitalists in the United States. Arch Intern Med. 2001;161(6):851-858.
- Hinami K, Whelan CT, Wolosin RJ, Miller JA, Wetterneck TB. Worklife and satisfaction of hospitalists: toward flourishing careers [published online ahead of print July 20, 2011]. J Gen Intern Med. doi:10.1007/s116060-011-1780-z.
- Yoon J, Miller A, Rasinski K, Curlin F. Burnout, sense of calling, and career resilience among hospitalists and primary care physicians: a national survey. J Hosp Med. 2011;6(4):S90-S91.
- West CP, Drefahl MM, Popkave C, Kolars JC. Internal medicine resident self-report of factors associated with career decisions. J Gen Intern Med. 2009;24(8):946-949.
- Funk C, Anderson BL, Schulkin J, Weinstein L. Survey of obstetric and gynecologic hospitalists and laborists. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;203(2):177.e1-177.e4.
- Hoff T, Whitcomb WF, Nelson JR. Thriving and surviving in a new medical career: the case of hospitalist physicians. J Health Soc Behav. 2002;43(1):72-91.
- Sehgal NL, Sharpe BA, Auerbach AA, Wachter RM. Investing in the future: Building an academic hospitalist faculty development program. J Hosp Med. 2011;6(3):161-166.