Literature at a Glance
A guide to this month’s studies
- Inhaled steroids and COPD.
- Communication about dietary supplement use.
- Glycemic control in stroke.
- Hospitalist-PCP communication and outcomes.
- Gentamicin nephrotoxicity in endocarditis.
- Outcomes after osteoporotic fractures.
- Predictors of readmission after pulmonary embolism.
- Provider awareness of hospital readmission.
Inhaled Corticosteroid Use in COPD Associated with Increased Pneumonia Risk
Clinical question: Does long-term use of inhaled corticosteroids in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) increase the risk of developing pneumonia?