Literature at a Glance
A guide to this month’s studies.
- Survival of in-hospital cardiac arrest decreases during nights and weekends.
- C-reactive protein levels predict severity and complications in community-acquired pneumonia.
- Adherence to current guidelines improves outcome in treatment of prosthetic joint infection.
- Sodium phosphate bowel prep use is associated with a decline in GFR.
- Minimally interrupted cardiac resuscitation improves survival.
- Lower aPTT increases risk for future VTE.
- Warfarin combined with antiplatelet therapy increases hemorrhage rate.
- Creatinine rise during MI hospitalization is associated with long-term risk of death and ESRD.
- Communication improves patient adherence to beta-blockers after MI.