If you can’t make it to HM15, there are lots of other opportunities for CME and ongoing education through SHM:
- SHM Learning Portal: Members can sharpen their skills and earn CME from the comfort of their own homes, using devices of their choosing to access SHM’s CME-accredited Learning Portal for a variety of systems and conditions that hospitalists deal with every day.
- Educating on quality: Focusing on teaching quality improvement in 2015? There is still time to register for SHM’s Quality and Safety Educators Academy in May. At QSEA, hospitalist educators will learn the leading tools and techniques for empowering the next generation of hospitalists to make care delivery better.
- Coding: There’s no such thing as the perfect approach to coding, but CODE-H, SHM’s online educational tool for optimizing coding, is a great way to get your hospitalists trained on the best approaches, gleaned from the experts in the field. The first webinars begin this month.
- Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine: Plan now to take the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam this year. Later this month, the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) will issue online applications for its Fall 2015 program.
- Leadership Academy: In 2014, SHM’s Leadership Academy was booked to capacity, so now is the time to enroll for 2015. Leadership Academy provides hospitalists with all the leadership, management, and financial skills skipped in medical school.