For hospitalists, learning doesn’t stop when SHM’s annual meeting ends. Instead, it’s a year-round endeavor to stay ahead of the trends in clinical practice, practice management, and quality improvement. That’s why SHM provides educational opportunities throughout the year:
Leadership Academy 2015
Want to show your boss you’re serious about career advancement and improving your hospital medicine group? SHM’s Leadership Academy helps hospitalists of all stripes become the leaders that today’s hospitals need. From management training to financial storytelling and creating culture change, Leadership Academy covers all of the topics that hospitalists need to work in a high-performance environment.
For more information, visit www.hospitalmedicine.org/leadership.
Also in October, SHM will be offering two other popular conferences: the Academic Hospitalist Academy and the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Boot Camp. Visit www.hospitalmedicine.org/events for details.
SHM’s Learning Portal
Stay up to speed on the latest CME modules from your own desk or living room using SHM’s Learning Portal. The portal now presents “Consultative & Perioperative Medicine Essentials for Hospitalists” from SHMConsults, including:
- SHMConsults Prerequisite Evaluation;
- Early Identification and Management of Severe Sepsis;
- Pulmonary Risk Management in the Perioperative Setting; and
- The Role of the Medical Consultant.
The Learning Portal also features online CME programs for education about anticoagulants:
- Management of Target Specific Oral Anticoagulants (TSOACs) in the Inpatient and Perioperative Setting;
- The Inpatient Management of Anticoagulation for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation;
- Anticoagulation for VTE & Management of VTE (a two-part module);
- Reversal of New Oral Anticoagulants;
- Establishing Inpatient Programs to Improve Anticoagulation Management; and
- Periprocedural Management of Anticoagulants.