Dr. Chang is assistant professor, inpatient medicine clerkship director, and director of education in the division of hospital medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Gabriel is assistant professor and director of medicine consult preoperative services in the division of hospital medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Goldman L, Lee T, Rudd P. Ten commandments for effective consultations. Arch Intern Med. 1983;143(9):1753-1755.
- Salerno SM, Hurst FP, Halvorson S, Mercado DL. Principles of effective consultation: an update for the 21st-century consultant. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167(3):271-275.
- Horwitz RI, Henes CG, Horwitz SM. Developing strategies for improving the diagnostic and management efficacy of medical consultations. J Chron Dis. 1983;36(2):213-218.
- Sears CL, Charlson ME. The effectiveness of a consultation: compliance with initial recommendations. Am J Med. 1983;74(5):870-876.
- MacKenzie TB, Popkin MK, Callies AL, Jorgensen CR, Cohn JN. The effectiveness of cardiology consultations. Concordance with diagnostic and drug recommendations. Chest. 1981;79(1):16-22.