Beginning March 1 and running through December 31, all active SHM members can earn 2017–2018 dues credits and special recognition for recruiting new physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, or affiliate members. Active members will be eligible for:
- A $35 credit toward 2017–2018 dues when recruiting 1 new member
- A $50 credit toward 2017–2018 dues when recruiting 2–4 new members
- A $75 credit toward 2017–2018 dues when recruiting 5–9 new members
- A $125 credit toward 2017–2018 dues when recruiting 10+ new members
For each member recruited, individuals will receive one entry into a grand-prize drawing to receive complimentary registration to HM17 in Las Vegas.
To be counted as a referral, the new member referral must:
- Be a brand-new member to SHM (past members whose membership has lapsed do not qualify)
- Register as a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, or affiliate member
- Include an active member’s name in the “referred by” field on a printed application or the online join form
- Join between March 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016
SHM members are not eligible for dues credits through this program for member referrals attributed to free memberships received as a result of HM17 registrations.
Begin your journey as an SHM Ambassador today at www.hospitalmedicine.org/MAP.