The next sitting for the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine maintenance of certification (MOC) exam is November 10. As you prepare for your MOC exam, follow these key steps to success:
- Enroll in the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC program by August 1 at www.abim.org.
- Schedule a seat for the exam before August 15 at www.abim.org.
- Order SHM SPARK, the missing piece of the MOC exam-prep puzzle.
SHM recently developed the only MOC exam-preparation tool by hospitalists for hospitalists, SHM SPARK. It complements tools already on the market and will help hospitalists succeed on the upcoming exam. SHM SPARK delivers 175 vignette-style multiple-choice questions that bridge the primary knowledge gaps found within existing MOC exam-preparation products and provides in-depth review on:
- Palliative care, ethics, and decision making
- Patient safety
- Perioperative care and consultative co-management
- Quality, cost, and clinical reasoning
SHM SPARK offers detailed learning objectives and discussion points and allows users to define individual areas of strengths and weaknesses. Users can claim 58 ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points upon completion of all four modules with a minimum passing score of 80%. After successful completion of all four modules, participants may claim up to 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits.