Dr. Marianne Green and Dr. Jeffrey Wiese, two members of the ABIM Council, talk about ABIM's Maintenance of Certification process, and the importance of professional assessment. Dr. Green works on Internal Medicine MOC, Dr. Wiese was part of the team that developed the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC.
VIDEO: MOC + Me: Maintenance of Certification in Hospital Medicine
The Hospitalist. 2016 September;2016(9)
- Interventions, especially those that are organization-directed, reduce burnout in physicians
- Alpha blockers may facilitate the expulsion of larger ureteric stones
- End-of-rotation resident transition in care and mortality among hospitalized patients
- Male vs. female hospitalists, a comparison in mortality and readmission rate for Medicare patients
- Perioperative statin associated with reduction in all-cause perioperative mortality in noncardiac surgery
- Using shock index in the ED to predict hospital admission and inpatient mortality
- Sneak Peek: Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Readmission rates after passage of the hospital readmissions reduction program
- Perioperative pharmacological thromboprophylaxis in patients with cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Assessment of goals of care in nursing home reduces hospitalization for patients with dementia
- Disappointment in article on NP, PA roles in HM groups
- Trending at the Society of Hospital Medicine
- Are you getting the most out of your EHR?
- MACRA: What every hospitalist needs to know
- The beginning of the end
- Revisiting citizenship bonus and surge capacity
- Turnover rate for hospitalist groups trending downward
- ‘I can handle it’– The state of hospitalist group backup systems
- U.S. health care policy: What lies ahead?
- Effective hospitalist roles for NPs, PAs