The business of hospital medicine is an important factor in individual clinicians' careers and for the specialty as a whole. Dr. Jasen Gundersen of TeamHealth and James Levy of Indigo Health Partners talk about the importance of recognizing the personal, and the system-wide, impacts and opportunities of the business side of HM.
VIDEO: The Business of Hospital Medicine
The Hospitalist. 2016 October;2016(10)
- Interventions, especially those that are organization-directed, reduce burnout in physicians
- Alpha blockers may facilitate the expulsion of larger ureteric stones
- End-of-rotation resident transition in care and mortality among hospitalized patients
- Male vs. female hospitalists, a comparison in mortality and readmission rate for Medicare patients
- Perioperative statin associated with reduction in all-cause perioperative mortality in noncardiac surgery
- Using shock index in the ED to predict hospital admission and inpatient mortality
- Sneak Peek: Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Readmission rates after passage of the hospital readmissions reduction program
- Perioperative pharmacological thromboprophylaxis in patients with cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Assessment of goals of care in nursing home reduces hospitalization for patients with dementia
- Disappointment in article on NP, PA roles in HM groups
- Trending at the Society of Hospital Medicine
- Are you getting the most out of your EHR?
- MACRA: What every hospitalist needs to know
- The beginning of the end
- Revisiting citizenship bonus and surge capacity
- Turnover rate for hospitalist groups trending downward
- ‘I can handle it’– The state of hospitalist group backup systems
- U.S. health care policy: What lies ahead?
- Effective hospitalist roles for NPs, PAs