Editorial Advisory Board
The Hospitalist's editorial advisory board is a volunteer group of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and administrators working in hospitalist groups all across the United States. Now in its 11th year, the group meets monthly to discuss hot topics in hospital medicine, and meets annually at the SHM annual meeting.
Two-year terms are seated during the SHM annual meeting. If interested in joining the team, email Editor Richard Pizzi at email@example.com to discuss opportunities.
- Geeta Arora, MD, locums tenens hospitalist, telemedicine consultant, New York City
- Michael Beck, MD, FAAP, associate professor of pediatrics and internal medicine, and assistant program director, medicine/pediatrics residency program, Penn State Children's Hospital, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Harry Cho, MD, assistant professor of medicine and director of quality, safety, and value, Division of Hospital Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York; senior fellow, Lown Institute
- Marina S. Farah, MD, MHA, performance improvement consultant, FarahMD Consulting, Corvallis, Ore.
- Stella Fitzgibbons, MD, FACP, FHM, hospitalist and ED physician, Mint Physicians, Houston, Texas
- Benjamin Frizner, MD, director, ventilator unit-Future Care Irvington, CEP America, Baltimore, Md.
- Nicolas Houghton, DNP, MBA, RN, ACNP-BC, CFRN, APN & PA Manager, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- James Kim, MD, assistant professor of medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, and Emory University Hospital, Atlanta
- Melody Msiska, MD, assistant professor, hospital medicine, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, and Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill.
- Venkataraman Palabindala, MD, FHM, hospitalist, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.
- Raj Sehgal, MD, clinical associate professor of medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, and Division of Hospital Medicine, South Texas Veterans Health Care System
- Rehaan Shaffie, MD, hospitalist, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, assistant professor, University of Colorado Medical School
- Kranthi Sitammagari, MD, hospitalist, Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, faculty, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Fayetteville, NC
- Amith Skandhan, MD, FHM, medical director/physician liaison, physician advisor, core faculty - Internal Medicine Residency Program, internal medicine hospitalist, Southeast Alabama Medical Center, Dothan, Ala.
- Lonika Sood, MD, FACP, FHM, clinical faculty, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and Department of Hospital Medicine, Aurora BayCare Medical Center, Green Bay, Wis.
- Amanda Trask, MBA, MHA, FACHE, CMPE, SFHM, vice president for the national hospital medicine service line, Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI)
- Amit Vashist, MD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FAPA, system chair, Hospitalist Division, Mountain State Health Alliance, Virginia/Tennessee
- Jill Slater Waldman, MD, SFHM, director, adult hospital service, medical director and physician advisor, Utilization Management, course coordinator, internal medicine rotation, assistant to the CMO, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.