Editorial Advisory Board
The Hospitalist's editorial advisory board is a volunteer group of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and administrators working in hospitalist groups all across the United States. Now in its 11th year, the group meets monthly to discuss hot topics in hospital medicine, and meets annually at the SHM annual meeting.
Two-year terms are seated during the SHM annual meeting. If interested in joining the team, email Editor Jason Carris at email@example.com to discuss opportunities.
- Geeta Arora, MD, locums tenens hospitalist, telemedicine consultant, New York City
- Michael Beck, MD, FAAP, associate professor of pediatrics and internal medicine, and assistant program director, medicine/pediatrics residency program, Penn State Children's Hospital, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Kevin M. Conrad, MD, MBA, medical director of community affairs and health policy, Ochsner Health Systems, New Orleans
- Elizabeth Cook, MD, medical director of the hospitalist division, Medical Associates of Central Virginia, Lynchburg, Va.
- Lisa Courtney, MD, MSHA, director of operations, Baptist Health Systems, Birmingham, Ala.
- Stella Fitzgibbons, MD, FACP, FHM, hospitalist and ED physician, Mint Physicians, Houston, Texas
- Benjamin Frizner, MD, director, ventilator unit-Future Care Irvington, CEP America, Baltimore, Md.
- Joshua LaBrin, MD, SFHM, assistant clinical professor of internal medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- James Levy, PA-C, SFHM, co-owner and vice president of human resources, iNDIGO Health Partners, Traverse City, Mich.
- Amanda Trask, MBA, MHA, FACHE, CMPE, SFHM, vice president for the national hospital medicine service line, Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI)
- Sarah Stella, MD, academic hospitalist, Division of Hospital Medicine, Denver Health, physician advisor, Department of Care Management, Denver Health
- Miguel Villagra, MD, medical director of hospital medicine, White River Medical Center, Batesville, Ark.
- Jill Slater Waldman, MD, SFHM, director, adult hospital service, medical director and physician advisor, Utilization Management, course coordinator, internal medicine rotation, assistant to the CMO, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.
- David Weidig, MD, system director of hospital medicine, Wisconsin-based Aurora Health Care
- Robert Zipper, MD, MMM, SFHM, regional chief medical officer, Tacoma, Wash.-based Sound Physicians