Dr. Bain received his medical degree at Albany (N.Y.) Medical College and served his residency at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, N.C.
George Harrison, MD, has been tabbed the new chief medical officer at Fairview Park Hospital in Dublin, Ga. Dr. Harrison will be charged with managing clinical quality and patient safety, staff relations, and clinical integration strategies at the hospital.
Prior to his appointment, Dr. Harrison was the codirector of the hospitalist program at Fairview Park. The Georgia native previously worked in management roles at urgent care centers, family practice centers, and hospitalist programs in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Society of Hospital Medicine, and the American Academy of Physician Leaders.
Dr. Harrison taught high school geometry and chemistry before earning his medical degree at the Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta. He did his residency at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
U.S. Acute Care Solutions (Canton, Ohio), a physician-owned, national provider of emergency medicine and hospitalist services, has extended its relationship with Central Health of Colorado and western Kansas. USACS has acquired the physicians of Front Range Emergency Specialists (Colorado Springs, Colo.), Southwest Emergency Physicians (Durango, Colo.), and Southern Colorado Emergency Specialists (Pueblo, Colo.).
USACS’s acquisition of these three physician groups adds care to more than 175,000 patients each year in central and southwest Colorado. USACS cares for more than 6 million patients per year at more than 200 locations across the United States.
VEP Healthcare (Concord, Calif.), an emergency medicine and hospitalist staffing company, has signed on to manage hospitalist and ED services at City Hospital at White Rock in Dallas. Its goals are to increase patient satisfaction, decrease wait times in seeing providers, raise recommendation rates, and lower malpractice claims.
White Rock is a 218-bed, community hospital providing care to East Texas since 1959.