Day Four highlights from HM15, the Society of Hospital Medicine’s (SHM) annual meeting in National Harbor, Md., just outside Washington, D.C.
Electronic discharge summary template populates core components, incorporates text entries
SHM members can register for specialty meeting held within American Society of Health-System Pharmacist’s conference starting May 31 in Las Vegas...
Family medicine and post-acute hospitalists have signed on to participate in the online community
How to prevent infections, track their causes, and identify risk factors
Where to acquire tools, skills you need to succeed in multi-faceted role
Allows hospitalists to report data on quality measures for services for Medicare beneficiaries at a lower rate
Physician quality reporting system (PQRS) and physician value-based payment modifier (VBPM) plan could reward high-quality, low-cost health care...
Payments for demonstrating meaningful use of EHR technology can benefit eligible professionals, hospitals, but problems with upcoding, physician...
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to award $120,00 in prizes to creator of intuitive, actionable tools that demystify health care costs for consumers...
Simple act could help reduce health-care expenditures, readmissions
Amount of time, money, resources needed to implement initiatives could put hospitals under duress
State of Hospital Medicine surveys show higher-level inpatient (IP) discharge code and highest-level IP subsequent code used more by...
Variation and overuse of common therapies remain despite publication of evidence-based guidelines
Machines that emit ultraviolet light, hydrogen-peroxide vapors to stop spread of antibiotic-resistant germs being tested
Congressional model cuts previous cost in half, hospitalists hopeful for permanent solution to flawed physician payment plan
Hands-on demonstrations at SHM pre-courses help hospitalists translate QI to bedside
News group’s Web site offers easy access to hospital information online
- Vent bundles and ventilator-associated pneumonia outcomes
- Overnight extubations associated with worse outcomes
- Fecal transplant efficacy for Clostridium difficile infections
- Non–vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants for planned atrial fibrillation cardioversions
- Home treatment of PE remains rare
- Updated recommendations for managing gout
- Instability of INRs
- Inpatient antibiotic use has not declined
- Pulmonary embolism in COPD exacerbations
- Evaluating the qSOF
- Effective hospitalist roles for NPs, PAs
- Promoting the Health of Healthcare Employees
- Tips for Working with Difficult Doctors
- Helping Patients Quit Smoking
- Hospitalists See Benefit from Working with ‘Surgicalists’
- Keeping up with New Payment Models
- Hospitalists Stretched as their Responsibilities Broaden
- Tips for Hospitalists on Solving Difficult Situations
- Everything You Need to Know About the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative
- Improving Hospital Telemetry Usage